- Norine ID: NOR00860
- Family: surfactin
- Synonym(s): surfactin iC12;
- Activity: antibiotic, surfactant
- Class: lipopeptide
- Formula: C50H87N7O13
- Monoisotopic mass: 993.636185905 g/mol
- Source: norine
- Contributor (creation): Norine Team [CRIStAL (UMR CNRS 9189), ex-LIFL, France, Charles Viollette Institute, ProBioGEM team, Lille, France, University of Lille, France]
- Entry information:
- status: curated
- last modification date: 2008-08-18 by Norine Team [CRIStAL (UMR CNRS 9189), ex-LIFL, France, Charles Viollette Institute, ProBioGEM team, Lille, France, University of Lille, France]
- view all entry history
- Type: cyclic
- Number of monomers: 8
- Monomeric composition :
1 iC12:0-OH(3) 2 Glu 3 Leu 4 D-Leu 5 Val 6 Asp 7 D-Leu 8 Leu
- Graph representation: iC12:0-OH(3),Glu,Leu,D-Leu,Val,Asp,D-Leu,Leu @1,7 @0,2 @1,3 @2,4 @3,5 @4,6 @5,7 @0,6
- Atomic structure:
Peptide's atomic structure image is not available because smiles is not present.
- Bacillus subtilis
- gram: positive
- synonyms: Bacillus uniflagellatus,Bacillus natto,Bacillus globigii,Vibrio subtilis
- taxid: 1423 (view NCBI taxonomy browser)
- Links between organisms producing the surfactin iC12: Bacillus subtilis
- Surfactin, a crystalline peptidelipid surfactant produced by Bacillus subtilis: isolation, characterization and its inhibition of fibrin clot formation
Arima K, Kakinuma A, Tamura G, Biochemical and biophysical research communications , 1968, May 10,31(3):488-94.
- Structural and functional characterization of gene clusters directing nonribosomal synthesis of bioactive cyclic lipopeptides in Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain FZB42
Vater J, Franke P, Hitzeroth G, Koumoutsi A, Chen XH, Henne A, Liesegang H, Borriss R, Journal of bacteriology , 2004, Feb,186(4):1084-96.
- Isolation and characterization of a C12-lipopeptide produced by Bacillus subtilis HSO 121
Liu XY, Yang SZ, Mu BZ, Journal of peptide science , 2008, Jul,14(7):864-75.
Return to annotations search