- Norine ID: NOR00019
- Family: bacitracin
- Synonym(s): bacitracin A2;
- Activity: antibiotic
- Class: peptide
- Comment: Bacitracin is a mixture a many similar compounds. The major compound is the bacitracin A1.
- Source: norine
- Contributor (creation): Norine Team [CRIStAL (UMR CNRS 9189), ex-LIFL, France, Charles Viollette Institute, ProBioGEM team, Lille, France, University of Lille, France]
- Entry information:
- status: curated
- last modification date: 2008-08-22 by Norine Team [CRIStAL (UMR CNRS 9189), ex-LIFL, France, Charles Viollette Institute, ProBioGEM team, Lille, France, University of Lille, France]
- view all entry history
- Type: other
- Number of monomers: 12
- Monomeric composition :
1 D-aIle 2 Cys 3 Leu 4 D-Glu 5 Ile 6 Lys 7 D-Orn 8 Ile 9 D-Phe 10 His 11 D-Asp 12 Asn
- Graph representation: D-aIle,Cys,Leu,D-Glu,Ile,Lys,D-Orn,Ile,D-Phe,His,D-Asp,Asn @1,1 @0,0,2 @1,3 @2,4 @3,5 @4,6,11 @5,7 @6,8 @7,9 @8,10 @9,11 @5,10
- Atomic structure:
Peptide's atomic structure image is not available because smiles is not present.
- Bacillus licheniformis
- gram: positive
- synonyms: Denitrobacillus licheniformis,Clostridium licheniforme
- taxid: 1402 (view NCBI taxonomy browser)
- Bacillus subtilis
- gram: positive
- synonyms: Bacillus uniflagellatus,Bacillus natto,Bacillus globigii,Vibrio subtilis
- taxid: 1423 (view NCBI taxonomy browser)
- Links between organisms producing the bacitracin A2: Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus subtilis
- Proton NMR studies of Co(II) complexes of the peptide antibiotic bacitracin and analogues: insight into structure-activity relationship
Epperson JD, Ming LJ, Biochemistry , 2000, Apr 11,39(14):4037-45.
- The bacitracin biosynthesis operon of Bacillus licheniformis ATCC 10716: molecular characterization of three multi-modular peptide synthetases
Marahiel MA, Konz D, Klens A, Schorgendorfer K, Chemistry and biology , 1997, Dec,4(12):927-37.
Return to annotations search