- Norine ID: NOR00244
- DOI: 10.26097/nor00244
- Family: gramicidin
- Synonym(s): Val-gramicidin B;
- Activity: antibiotic
- Class: peptide
- Formula: C97H139N19O17
- Monoisotopic mass: 1842.059634117 g/mol
- Comment: Gramicidin is a heterogeneous mixture of six antibiotic compounds divided into three catagories: Gramicidin A, B and C, all of which are obtained from the soil bacterial species Bacillus brevis and called collectively Gramicidin D. Gramicidin is active against Gram-positive organisms,except for the Gram-positive bacilli, and against certain Gram-negative organisms, such as Neisseria. It is useful in combination with tyrocidin in the local treatment of a variety of superficial infections caused by susceptible Gram-positive bacteria.
- Source: norine
- Contributor (creation): Norine Team [CRIStAL (UMR CNRS 9189), ex-LIFL, France, Charles Viollette Institute, ProBioGEM team, Lille, France, University of Lille, France]
- Entry information:
- status: curated
- last modification date: 2018-09-12 by Mickael Chevalier [Charles Viollette Institute, ProBioGEM team, Lille, France, University of Lille, France]
- view all entry history
- Type: linear
- Number of monomers: 16
- Monomeric composition :
1 NFo-Val 2 Gly 3 Ala 4 D-Leu 5 Ala 6 D-Val 7 Val 8 D-Val 9 Trp 10 D-Leu 11 Phe 12 D-Leu 13 Trp 14 D-Leu 15 Trp 16 Eta
- Graph representation: NFo-Val,Gly,Ala,D-Leu,Ala,D-Val,Val,D-Val,Trp,D-Leu,Phe,D-Leu,Trp,D-Leu,Trp,Eta @1 @0,2 @1,3 @2,4 @3,5 @4,6 @5,7 @6,8 @7,9 @8,10 @9,11 @10,12 @11,13 @12,14 @13,15 @14
- Atomic structure:
Peptide's atomic structure image is not available because smiles is not present.
- Bacillus brevis
- gram: positive
- synonyms: Brevibacillus brevis
- taxid: 1393 (view NCBI taxonomy browser)
- Links between organisms producing the Val-gramicidin B: Bacillus brevis
- Structure elucidation of four related substances in gramicidin with liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry
Govaerts C, Orwa J, Van Schepdael A, Roets E, Hoogmartens J, Rapid communications in mass spectrometry : RCM , 2001, 15(2):128-34.
- The linear pentadecapeptide gramicidin is assembled by four multimodular nonribosomal peptide synthetases that comprise 16 modules with 56 catalytic domains
Marahiel MA, Kessler N, Schuhmann H, Morneweg S, Linne U, The Journal of biological chemistry , 2004, Feb 27,279(9):7413-9.
Return to annotations search