- Norine ID: NOR00304
- Family: HC-toxin
- Synonym(s): HC-toxin;
- Activity: toxin
- Class: peptide
- Formula: C21H32N4O6
- Monoisotopic mass: 436.232184776 g/mol
- Comment: HC-toxin is required for pathogenicity of the filamentous fungus Cochliobolus carbonum on maize.
- Source: norine
- Contributor (creation): Norine Team [CRIStAL (UMR CNRS 9189), ex-LIFL, France, Charles Viollette Institute, ProBioGEM team, Lille, France, University of Lille, France]
- Entry information:
- status: curated
- last modification date: 2018-12-01 by Emma Ricart Altimiras [Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, SIB]
- view all entry history
- Cochliobolus carbonum
- taxid: 5017 (view NCBI taxonomy browser)
- Links between organisms producing the HC-toxin: Cochliobolus carbonum
- A putative branched-chain-amino-acid transaminase gene required for HC-toxin biosynthesis and pathogenicity in Cochliobolus carbonum
Cheng YQ, Ahn JH, Walton JD, Microbiology , 1999, Dec,145 ( Pt 12):3539-46.
- The cyclic peptide synthetase catalyzing HC-toxin production in the filamentous fungus Cochliobolus carbonum is encoded by a 15.7-kilobase open reading frame
Walton JD, Scott-Craig JS, Panaccione DG, Pocard JA, The Journal of biological chemistry , 1992, Dec 25,267(36):26044-9.
Return to annotations search