- Norine ID: NOR00640
- DOI: 10.26097/nor00640
- Family: capreomycin
- Synonym(s): capreomycin IIA;
- Activity: antibiotic
- Class: peptide
- Formula: C19H32N12O7
- Monoisotopic mass: 540.251691438 g/mol
- Comment: The tuberactinomycin antibiotics are essential components in the drug arsenal against Mycobacterium tuberculosis infections and are specifically used for the treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Source: norine
- Contributor (creation): Norine Team [CRIStAL (UMR CNRS 9189), ex-LIFL, France, Charles Viollette Institute, ProBioGEM team, Lille, France, University of Lille, France]
- Entry information:
- status: curated
- last modification date: 2018-12-01 by Emma Ricart Altimiras [Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, SIB]
- view all entry history
- gram: positive
- synonyms: Chainia
- taxid: 1883 (view NCBI taxonomy browser)
- Links between organisms producing the capreomycin IIA: Streptomyces
- Deciphering tuberactinomycin biosynthesis: isolation, sequencing, and annotation of the viomycin biosynthetic gene cluster
Thomas MG, Chan YA, Ozanick SG, Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy , 2003, Sep,47(9):2823-30.
- Identification of the biosynthetic gene cluster and an additional gene for resistance to the antituberculosis drug capreomycin
Thomas MG, Berti AD, Felnagle EA, Rondon MR, Crosby HA, Applied and environmental microbiology , 2007, Jul,73(13):4162-70. Epub 2007 May 11.
Return to annotations search